Handmade Japanese folding knife with a simple design yet extremely durable and effective.
This lightweight Japanese pocket knife is made with high quality steel and comes in various colors and blade lengths.
Higonokami knives have a ‘Sandwich’ structure that encloses hard steel with soft iron.
Because its double-edged V-shaped, you can use either side, regardless of dominant hand.
With more than 100 years of history and manufacturing skills of 5 generations, Higonokami knives made by Kanekoma are the one and only Higonokami brand.
When the caulking becomes loose after long use, place it on something hard like an anvil and tap on it with a hammer to adjust.
When the caulking is too tight to open the blade, hit the knife on the table with the "Chikiri (tail)" faced down.
As Higonokami knives are handmade, each Higonokami has its own characteristics and its tightness is not always the same.
- Color Type : Gold
- Steel Type : Blue steel "warikomi"
- Total length: 215mm
- Handle length: 120mm
- Blade length: 95mm
- Weight: 75g
- Handmade in Japan
- SScottVerified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/30/24Folding knife cuts deep
It’s very sharp. I use this knife to cut things.. likely you will too.
- SOSimon O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/8/23Beautiful
A fine blade and aesthetically beautiful.
- TJThor J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/1/22Higonokami knives.
Beautiful knives. Japanese quality and tradition. Fast and troublefree delivery to Norway.😊
- STStuart T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5/29/22Great!
Great knife, super sharp - classic Japanese heritage. Shipping was quick, although dispatch was a little slow.
- GUGiovanni U.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5/18/21Wonderful performance
After an edge refining with an extra fine ceramic stone to find the maximum possible performance of the steel I felt the behavior is top level, also the brass handle offers constant friction while opening and seems to have no tendency to stain. The tip back had some burr on the softer steel border, I removed that with an old shaving blade to avoid changing the finish, also the rear lever had a sharp border able to harm pockets, I refined that on a diamond stone.