Daitoku is a shoyu brewery based in Yabu city Hyogo Prefecture in Kansai Japan dedicated to producing high-quality shoyu products made of only locally sourced ingredients.
This Japanese Mentsuyu Sauce is an additive-free seasoning that can be used as the base for somen noodle soup. The mentsuyu sauce itself is made with a base of naturally-brewed shoyu, and natural dashi broth. The dashi broth, which has been made in house by Daitoku contains kombu seaweed and katsuobushi bonito flakes.
While this mentsuyu sauce has been created with an intended purpose to complement somen noodles, you can also use it as a soup base with other noodles such as udon noodles, soba noodles, chinese noodles, or any of your other favorite noodles.
It is a mentsuyu sauce rich in umami flavor, so it can also be used when making other dishes like tofu soup, simmered dishes, and even hot pot.
Daitoku ensures that all of their products are only using the highest quality of local ingredients, and the same goes for this mentsuyu sauce. With a base of naturally brewed soy sauce and homemade dashi, raw sugar and mirin have been added to enhance umami flavor of the mentsuyu sauce.
Use as a soup base when making soup for somen noodles. Use one part water and one part mentsuyu sauce for making soup.
You can also add this sauce to any other desired soups, simmered dishes, or hot pot, but start with a small amount and then adjust based on your taste preference.
- Net contents: 200ml
- Ingredients: Soy sauce, soybeans, wheat, raw sugar, mirin, bonito shavings, salt, kelp
- Nutrition facts (per 100ml): Energy 69kcal, protein 3.5g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 13.4g, sodium 6.2g
- Potential allergens: Soybean, wheat
- Manufacturer name: Daitoku Shoyu
- Note: Store in the refrigerator after opening and use up as soon as possible.
- Made in Japan
- RSRasoul S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/11/23just like shopping at a high end grocery store in japan
perfect accompaniment to somen noodle salad and appie dishes.