Horiuchi Oil is a family owned company from Kumamoto that specializes in the production of oil based products following old-fashioned methods. By producing this black garlic oil in small batches, the original taste and aroma and nutritional qualities can be preserved.
This superior Japanese black garlic oil is the result of a long trial and error based on an original recipe from the Horiuchi family. From cutting the garlic at the optimal size to roasting and cooking it at the right temperature, everything has been proven and tested. The result is this masterpiece.
In addition, it is made of just two ingredients; organic canola oil and garlic from Kumamoto. No additives nor preservatives of any kind are included in this product.
While this black garlic oil contains only two ingredients, the garlic flavor is not too overbearing, allowing for this product to become a very versatile cooking and finishing oil in the kitchen.
At Japanese Taste, we are delighted to be able to offer this artisanal and purely natural black garlic oil from the Horiuchi family!
Kuro mayu, also known as black garlic oil, is a staple seasoning in Kumamoto Prefecture, and locals enjoy it by adding it to its specialty dish: tonkostu ramen.
The oil also goes well with other broth based dishes such as shoyu ramen and tantanmen. You can also use this black garlic oil as a finishing by adding it to veggie stir-fries, noodle dishes, or even avocado toast. It will add the perfect amount of garlic flavor and umami to any dish!
Horiuchi’s black garlic oil adds a light, smokey garlic flavor which goes great with fried foods. Add a few drops to your gyoza dipping sauce, or on top of a croquette, or even some fried chicken. You can even mix a teaspoon of it with mayonnaise to make a smokey, garlic mayo dipping sauce for your fries.
As mayu black garlic oil is traditionally added to tonkotsu ramen, it’s a great way to level up instant noodles, or add an extra layer of depth to your soups and stews.
Shake well before use.
Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- Net contents: 80g
- Ingredients: Canola, garlic
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 707kcal, protein 0.24g, fat 77.6g, carbohydrate 2g, sodium 1.6g
- Potential allergens: None
- Note: The black sediment in the bottom of the bottle is garlic.
- Made in Japan
- AOArmin O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2/11/24Need moooreeee
Extremely great product , need to buy more
- HBHieu B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars2/7/24Flavorful Oil
This garlic oil is so good.
- DADennis A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/25/23Super
Super tasty product
- JMJoshua M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/2/23Yummy
I've used this on every bowl of Raman since I got it. Perfect amount of salty and umami flavor.