Kayanoya Original Dashi Stock Powder adds authentic Japanese flavor to any dish in just two minutes.
Made from ingredients of the highest quality; roasted ago (flying fish), iwashi (sardine), kombu (dried kelp) and katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes).
A bit of sea salt and soy sauce is added to the powdered stock so you do not have to worry about adjusting the taste.
Excellent for use in both Japanese and Western dishes, adding umami (savory flavor) to soups, stews, pastas, grilled dishes, and more.
Popular as a daily staple or gift.
There are two ways to prepare stock with Kayanoya dashi. If your dish requires clear stock, use Method 1. If your dish does not require clear stock, use either Method a or b. Both methods result in full-flavored stock.
Method a: Infusion
One packet in 1 ¾ cups water (400 ml) for regular-strength dashi, or two packets in 2 cups water (500 ml) for hearty dashi. Place water and unopened packet(s) in saucepan. Bring water to simmer over medium heat, and hold temperature for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and discard packet(s). Stock is ready to use.
Method b: Inclusion (produces stock with powder particles.)
Place water in saucepan. Tear packet and empty powder into saucepan. Bring water to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and hold temperature for 2 to 3 minutes. Stock is ready to use.
You can add dashi powder directly to dishes for a surprising flavor boost. Add dashi directly to stir-fried dishes... use as a rub for meat, poultry or seafood... add to pasta or pasta sauces... use as seasoning for rice and grains, hamburger and more... sprinkle on pizza dough before baking. Then use your imagination!
- Ingredients: Dried Bonito Flakes, Dried Sardine Extract Powder, Roasted Flying Fish, Dried Round Herring Flakes, Kelp, Starch Hydrolysate, Yeast Extract, Salt, Soy Sauce Powder, Fermented Seasoning (Soy, Wheat, Vegetable Starch, Brewer’s Yeast)
- Net Weight: 8.4 oz (240 g)
- Contents: 8g × 30 packets
- Shelf Life: 1 year when stored in a cool place.
- Made in Japan
- JBJoe B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars12/2/23Kayanoya Dashi Stock Powder
It’s very good.
- ACAaron C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/25/23Excellent product, but instuctions only in Japanese
Excellent Product, though for international orders an English translation of the instructions would be nice. But no worries, I found the instructions elsewhere.
- JJoannaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/2/23Yummy and convenient!
I work until late at night and often want something savory to eat, but dont want to eat a full meal before going to bed. I bought a number of instant soup/stocks to try, including this one. Super flavorful and a little smoky, it goes great with dehydrated seaweed to make an instant late night soup! Not too salty either which is a huge plus
- NENancy Elizabeth S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/17/23The solution for winter soups
While miso is important for my forays into Japanese cooking, dashi makes the difference when cooking winter root vegetable soups. Until I used Kayanoya Dashi, I did not find the taste I could create at home was good enough. Now my soup tastes so much more authentic! Thank you.
- DRDianne R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/9/23It is the best
This is the best Dashi Stock that I have used. Great taste, easy to use.
Thank you for shipping to Australia as I cannot purchase it here