Satsumaimo means Japanese sweet potato and has a sweet taste and smooth texture. Among all the varieties of Satsumaimo the Beniharuka is one of the sweetest and creamiest. These characteristics are optimal for making this delicious and healthy Hoshi-imo (or also called Japanese dried sweet potato).
This healthy Japanese Dried Sweet Potato Snack is rich in taste and nutrition. Hoshi-imo is free of cholesterol and rich in dietary fiber, potassium and vitamins B, C and E.
This pack of Hoshi-imo contains only dried sweet potatoes made in Ibaraki which is the largest producing area of sweet potatoes in Japan. Ibaraki has a fertile soil and a cold and dry climate which are the optimal conditions to produce high quality Satsumaimo.
Hoshi-imo is best eaten as-is fresh out of the pack, no preparation necessary. It pairs well with salty foods like cheese, and/or a dry white wine.
Some hoshi-imo will have white powder coating them, this is potato starch, a natural sugar which has crystallized. It's safe, and comes from within the sweet potato itself. This is not mold. Mold that grows on dried sweet potatoes is typically blue or red, not white.
The longer you store your hoshi-imo before eating, the more crystalized starch will appear. There's no need to wash it off before consumption, as it's totally fine to eat!
- Net contents: 320 g / 11.29 oz
- Variety: Beniharuka Satsumaimo
- Nutrition: Calories 303 kcal, protein 3.1 g, fiber 5.9 g, vitamin E 1.3 mg, vitamin B1 0.19 mg, vitamin C 0.08 mg, vitamin B2 9 mg, potassium 980 mg, calcium 53 mg, phosphorus 45 mg and magnesium 93 mg.
- Producer: Kouta Shoten
- Made in Japan
- FIFumiko I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/23/23My favorite Hoshi-imo!!
I always loved Hoshi-imo since I was a little...however, I could not easily find it in the US.
I purchased this Hoshi-imo and it was very delicious and quick to deliver.
- MZMieko Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/10/23????
- HAHaruko A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4/13/23Excellent product
They are delicious!!!
- ICIda C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/7/23dry Japanese sweet potato
My mother love them. It reminded her of growing up in Hokkaido when she was little her father used to make these she said they were excellent. I actually went back a second time and bought her more.
- VPVivian P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1/29/23Great with a drink
Liked the chewy gummy texture. A bit pricey for the amount that comes with it though.. but still nice to give a try!