This is an all-natural black vinegar from Marushige that can be used both for cooking, and for drinking. The health benefits of fermented black vinegar have long been discussed in Japan, so many people mix it with soda water for a nutritious, sour drink.
Marushige brews this vinegar by fermenting steamed brown rice and natural, local water in a traditional open-air jar for a minimum of a year. You can use this not only in traditional Japanese recipes that call for black vinegar, but in western dishes too, as the sour, fermented flavor adds a ton of umami.
- Just a few simple, natural ingredients.
- Fermented naturally using traditional methods.
- Aged naturally for 1 year
- 4500mg acetic acid per 100ml.
- 616mg of amino acids per 100ml.
- Full of minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron.
Mix one part vinegar with five to seven parts water or carbonated water for a refreshing drink. Add a small amount to natto or miso soup to enhance the flavor. Mix with olive oil and salt to create a refreshing and tasty salad dressing.
Marushige also recommends adding a small amount of the vinegar to Japanese sake, other spirits, or even beer for a sharp alcoholic drink.
- Net contents: 900ml
- Acidity: 4.5%
- Ingredients: Brown rice (from Japan)
- Nutritional information (per 100ml): 22kcal, 1g protein, 0g fat, 5.7g carbohydrates, 0g salt
- Made in Japan