The Okinawa Shima Togarashi Ebi Senbei is a shrimp-flavored rice cracker from Okinawan sweet expert Nanpudo. What makes this ebi senbei different from others is that it is seasoned with the local’s special red chili pepper called shima togarashi.
The crispy rice cracker is filled with the rich flavor of kuruma shrimp (Japanese tiger prawn) and has a fiery pungency. These features mean that fans of spicy foods will be unable to stop eating once they start.
Shima togarashi is a type of red chili pepper unique to Okinawa. Although its berry is smaller than that of other variations, it has an intense spiciness and flavor. It is customary among Okinawan locals to blend this hot pepper with their traditional awamori spirit to create koregusu, a traditional Okinawan spicy sauce.
- Net contents: 27 pieces
- Ingredients: Reduced starch syrup, starch product, flour, non-glutinous rice, shortening, egg white, maltitol, dried shrimp, starch, salt, minced kuruma shrimp, hot chili pepper (from okinawa)
- Nutrition facts (per piece): Energy 22kcal, protein 0.3g, fat 0.8g, carbohydrate 3.3g, sodium 0.11g
- Potential allergens: Flour, egg, shrimp, soybean
- Notes: Handle this product with care as the crackers are very vulnerable to the impact.
- Made in Japan
- AFAnthony F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/26/23Really really good 🇺🇸
These are mild and savory and crunchy with a tiny bit of heat from the red pepper. Perfect with an ice cold beer. I wish they had a little more heat to them for my taste. I end up putting a very small drop of chili garlic paste on them for a little more heat and they are perfect. Very neat beautiful packaging and individually wrapped. Very high quality! Hope this helps!
- LVLong V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/29/22Great
- RDRandy Del R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/7/22I’ve been looking for this delicacy!
This brings me back to Okinawa.. such a beautiful place and each bite of this reminds me of my time there.