Otafuku Takoyaki set is an individualized cooking set containing; Takoyaki mix powder, tempura crisps, pickled ginger and aonori (dried seaweed), to easily prepare Japanese takoyaki.
With the additional (not included in the pack) of green onions, eggs and octopus (or anything you want to put inside like squid, meet, cheese, or vegetables), you can create delicious takoyaki.
Takoyaki is a Japanese savory ball-shaped pancake that mainly consists of batter and octopus or any other filling you like.
The word "Tako" means Octopus, and the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter base. The most common filling is of course octopus, but you can put squid, shrimp, cheese or anything you think would match with.
- Put 500cc water in a bowl. Add a bag of flour mix (large white package) and 2 eggs, then stir them well.
- Prepare another bowl, add chopped green onion (which is not included in the kit), tenkasu (yellow package), and benishoga (small white package).
- Warm a Takoyaki Hot Plate up to 200 degree and grease the cooking surface with an oil. Put the dough up to half of the holes.
- Put the ingredients over the dough and again add rest of the dough until it lightly overflows.
- Cook 1 min and a half, and turn the dough to make it round. In order to make the dough round, move the overflow dough inside the holes.
- Keep rolling until it becomes round and turns golden brown.
- Add Aonori (small silver package) or any topping you want like Takoyaki Sauce, Japanese Mayonnaise, and Bonito Flakes.
- Contents: Set for 4 Servings (about 32 pieces of Takoyaki)
- Net weight: 171g (takoyaki mix powder 150g, tenkasu tempura bits 20g, dried benishoga pickled ginger 1g, and aonori seaweed flake)
- Nutrition facts (per serving): Energy 165kcal, protein 4.4g, fat 2.6g, carbohydrate 31.0g, sodium 1.2g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, egg, milk, squid
- Notes: Store this product away from direct sunlight and high temperature / humidity. Package design is subject to change without notice.
- Made in Japan