Rokkatei Marusei Butter Sand are buttery sandwich-type cookies filled with raisins and a thick serving of butter-based cream from Hokkaido.
Perfect for fans of the classic “Rum & Raisin” pairing, the creamy filling has the deep spiced flavor of rum and brandy. The butter cream coats your mouth, carrying vanilla and cinnamon notes with it. With a hefty serving of raisins in every cookie, each one adds a fresh sweetness which cuts through the heaviness of the butter.
These aren’t your typical cream-filled cookies with only one or two millimeters of filling. Each Marusei Butter Sand contains an extremely generous portion of butter-cream and raisin filling, so you definitely won’t end up feeling short-changed.
Let Rokkatei’s Marusei Butter Sand take your palette on a global journey. Experience the perfect combination of western-style soft cookies, festive Caribbean rum spices, and creamy Hokkaido dairy, brought together in a deliciously decadent individually wrapped morsel of goodness.
If you have a sweet tooth, Marusei Butter Sand pairs well with a hot cafe latte. Or, if you’d prefer not to indulge too much, some unsweetened Japanese green tea helps to balance out the richness.
Hokkaido produces over 50% of Japan’s milk for a reason. The cool weather, and endless green pastures for grazing, allows Japanese dairy cows the optimal environment to produce rich and creamy milk. That’s why Rokkatei’s butter-cream filling is so delicious, because they source the best quality milk from their home in what they consider Japan’s “dairy-farming paradise”.
- Ingredients: Butter, flour, raisins, sugar, dairy milk, cocoa butter, eggs, almond powder, rum, brandy, salt, leaven, fragrances, lecithin (derived from soybeans)
- Net contents: 10 sandwich cookies
- Note: this product has a very short expiration date, so please plan ahead if you are giving out as gift.
- Producer: Rokkatei
- Made in Hokkaido, Japan
- VRVedran R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/7/23Nothing beets the coveted Hokkaido delicacy
I have tried many different butter sandwich cookies in Japan, and none comes close to Marusei! Great thing with Japanese Taste is that now I don't need to travel to Hokkaido with an empty suitcase to stock up on these (as we did in the past). Yum!
- FAFida A.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 2 out of 5 stars10/9/23too sweet
- JIJacqueline I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/22/23Delicioso
- YAYAYOI A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1/3/23my friends love it.
It was a present for my friends and they love it.but it was almost expired.soI think that is disappointing.JTJapanese Taste INT1/5/23
Hello Yayoi, thank you for leaving a review on this product.
Unfortunately Rokkatei Marusei Butter Sandwich Cookies have a short expiration date because they are made with real butter and are free of preservatives. We state that there is a short shelf life and ingredients of this product in the product description, so that customers can keep this information in mind before purchasing.
- MMasumiI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/31/22Best cookie ever!
This cookie has the perfect taste! The raisins are well flavored with rum and delicious with the cream.