Teraoka is a shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) brewery based in Hiroshima that still preserves traditional barrel brewing methods for producing authentic soy sauces like this one. This is Teraoka's flagship soy sauce, handmade and aged in century-old kioke wooden barrels.
This excellent barrel aged soy sauce is made with simple yet high quality ingredients; Japanese organic whole soybeans, Japanese organic wheat, and solar salt. What makes this soy sauce distinct from regular soy sauces is that it is fermented naturally in old-centuries wooden barrels for 3 years. This time intensive process brings out unique characteristics like more glutamic acid and umami compounds. In addition, each brewery’s “ecosystem” is different allowing more varied flavors and fragrances profiles to develop than soy sauce brewed in steel tanks.
This soy sauce has an assertive full-bodied taste with a faint aroma of cedar, but the sauce is not too sharp nor too viscous so it is pretty easy to eat. A must-try for those who are looking for a real Japanese handmade soy sauce.
- Handmade Japanese soy sauce, aged in kioke cedar barrels for 3 years.
- Naturally occurring fermentation.
- Supreme and unique rich flavor.
- Certified organic soy sauce free of preservatives, seasonings and alcohol.
- JAS certified organic brewery.
- Limited production.
Simply add an appropriate amount of this shoyu to the dishes so that you can enhance the umami of food.
Its rich taste makes it the perfect pairing for sashimi, cold tofu, grilled fish, steaks, etc.
It can also be used as a seasoning or secret ingredient; a teaspoonful amount of this soy sauce in soup will brighten up and add a depth of flavor to an otherwise dull soup. This works especially well with meat-based soups.
- Net contents: 500ml
- Ingredients: Organic whole soybean (from Japan), organic flour (from Japan), solar salt
- Nutrition facts (per 15ml): Energy 9kcal, protein 1.3g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 1.1g, sodium 2.3g
- Potential allergens: Soybean, wheat
- Manufacturer name: Teraoka Yuki Jyozo Co., Ltd.
- Note: Store it in a cool and dark place once opened.
- Made in Japan
- HFHiromi F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/26/23Very nice flavor
This soy sauce has very rich in natural fravor
- JCJoseph C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/24/23home cook
Much better than the typical brands you find in supermarkets. This is the real thing, great taste.
- CCCalvin C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5/17/23Quality soy sauce
I use for the taste and aged flavor when braising or marinating. Also for dipping. Blend with other soy for a mix for taste.
- JJimVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4/24/23Truly excellent!
This is one of the milder soy sauces I've tried. It’s not overly salty but the flavor, while very good, is so mild that it leaves your tongue almost as soon as you swallow. For someone who prefers a lighter soy sauce that has an excellent flavor, this is a good choice. However, that shouldn't be taken to mean this isn't an amazingly flavorful shoyu. It's quickly made it's way into my top three favorites.
- CGCarrie G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/19/23One of the Best Soy Sauces We Have Tried
The Teraoka Soy Sauce has become our favorite soy sauce, and we have tried many different brands from other purveyors. Deep rich flavor but not over soybean taste but not the over in saltiness when using for sauces.