Teraoka is a soy sauce brewer based in Hiroshima Prefecture that has inherited traditional wooden vat brewing methods to create authentic soy sauces. Did you know that their sweetened soy sauce originally designed for egg rice is their best-selling product?
This sweetened soy sauce is the result of trial and error by the manufacturer and is designed to maximize the flavor of the egg. Add a spoonful of this shoyu to cooked rice and you will realize the difference from when it is seasoned with normal soy sauce.
This is made with Teraoka’s naturally brewed soy sauce, bonito flakes, Hokkaido kombu, and Japanese oyster extract as a secret ingredient. As a result, you can use this soy sauce as a soup base to enrich the flavor of any dish.
This product pairs extremely well with egg dishes, especially egg with rice, but you can also try it with other egg dishes.
Other recommendations by Teraoka: stir-fry dishes, simmered dishes, base ingredient of nabe soup, substitute for mentsuyu by diluting it with water.
- Net contents: 150ml
- Main ingredients: Soy sauce, sugar, mirin, bonito flake extract, salt, kombu extract, oyster extract, yeast extract, shiitake mushroom extract
- Nutrition facts (per 15ml): Energy 19kcal, protein 1.1g, fat 0.0g, carbohydrate 3.6g, sodium 2.0g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, soybean
- Manufacturer name: Teraoka Yuki Jyozo Co., Ltd.
- Made in Japan
- JWJosef W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2/21/24Great for egg!
Make an egg however you want, soft boiled, fried, sunny side up. Give it a bit of this sauce - it really does work with the flavor of the egg! I wasn't sure if it would really be special but it truly is. I'll order a few bottles for friends next time.
- MMoriI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/6/245 Stars
Love it!! Will buy again
- JHJiyoung H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/18/23No.1 soy sauce
I tried many soy sauces, but this is the best!
- MRMelissa R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2/23/23Sweet soy sauce
Love this sweet soy sauce, would recommend for anyone who likes soy sauce to try this