Teraoka is a shoyu (soy sauce) brewer found on Hiroshima in western Japan that inherits traditional barrel brewing methods as well as production of authentic soy sauces. This one is an organic usukuchi (light) soy sauce.
This Japanese soy sauce is made with organic whole soybean, organic wheat, and salt without using alcohol, chemical seasonings, and preservatives. It also has the JAS certification.
Usukuchi shoyu refers to a light colored (translucent brown) soy sauce; note that it does not mean a less-salty shoyu! It can make the foods tastier with only a little amount of this soy sauce.
Although the salt content is higher than ordinary soy sauces, a proper portion will make a great base ingredient of soup stock. Thanks to its light color, it adds a nice touch to your dishes without being too brownish.
Simply add an appropriate amount of this shoyu to the stewed dishes, simmered dishes, osuimono (Japanese clear soup), and Japanese rolled omelet.
Remember that usukuchi soy sauce is more salty than the normal counterparts. Make sure not to use too much of you may easily take more salt than the recommended daily intake.
- Net contents: 500ml
- Ingredients: Organic whole soybean (non-GMO, from USA), organic flour, salt
- Nutrition facts (per 15ml): Energy 8kcal, protein 1.0g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 0.9g, sodium 2.2g
- Potential allergens: Soybean, wheat
- Manufacturer name: Teraoka Yuki Jyozo Co., Ltd.
- Note: Store it in a cool and dark place once opened.
- Made in Japan