Hakutsuru is one of the most famous Sake (Nihonshu) Breweries in Japan, based in Kobe.
This particular Sake, is an award winning sake called Shoun, which is a Junmai Daiginjo Sake, the most premium type of sake. It is made using Hakutsuru's original and traditional techniques of sake brewing, that have been used for more than 270 years.
The rice used for making this sake is called Hakutsuru Nishiki, and is the company's originally created sake rice that required 10 years of research and independent developmentation. It is grown in Hakutsuru's private sake rice farm in Tamba Sasayama, Hyogo Prefecture.
The sake itself has has a gorgeous fruity scent reminiscent of pineapple and peach, and elegant and plump sweetness and gentle acidity. The aftertaste has a rich aroma of fruit and nuts.
It is recommended to enjoy this sake chilled or at normal temperature.
- Multiple-award winning sake which has won the 2022 Monde Selection Gold Award and Kura Master 2021 Junmai Daiginjo Category Platinum Award.
- Made with premium Hakutsuru Nishiki rice, the company's own invented rice backed with 10 years of research, development, and implementation.
- Is somewhat on the dry side, but its fruity notes of pineapple and peach make it enjoyable to drink even for those who are not regular sake drinkers.
- Net contents: 720ml
- Ingredients: Hakutsuru Nishiki rice (Hakutsuru's original rice, grown at their farm in Tamba Sasayama, Hyogo Prefecture)
- Sake type: Junmai Daiginjo-shu
- Rice-polishing ratio: 50%
- Sweetness level: Medium to somewhat dry
- Flavor profile: Medium
- ABV: 15-16%
- Made in Japan