Anyone who has ever eaten juicy karaage fried chicken in an izakaya knows that it always tastes better with a generous helping of Japanese mayonnaise. Found in grocery stores and restaurants across Japan, Kewpie Mayonnaise is a popular Japanese mayo made with just three main ingredients: egg yolk, vegetable oil, and vinegar.
Ideal for use in modern Japanese small dishes from salads to sandwiches, the Kewpie ingredients make it taste different to Western-style mayonnaise.
Unlike other mayonnaises that contain whole egg, Kewpie Mayo is made only with egg yolk (concretely 4 egg yolks per 500g of mayonnaise). The amino acids that are yielded from the egg yolk protein is a key factor for the distinctively rich flavor and smoothness of this Japanese mayonnaise.
Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise is naturally preserved with vinegar and salt (no chemical preservatives are added).
This product is Kewpie’s flagship product since 1925 and goes well with salads, sandwiches, karaage fried chicken, sushi, fries, pasta or fish.
Packed in an easy-to-handle squeeze bottle with two tips. Use the narrow tip for decoration and the star-shaped tip for generous topping.
- Ingredients: Vegetable oil (canola oil, soybean oil), egg yolk, vinegar, salt, monosodium glutamate, spice, natural flavor
- Net weight: 450g / 16oz
- Made in Japan
- ASAaron S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/29/23So good!
- CNCraig N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/10/23Not Your Mother's Mayo
There are many of my friends and family who think that one Mayo is the same as others... until they try my stash of Kewpie. There is a difference and I won't consume any Mayo except Kewpie. It's creamy without being oily and the flavor is subtle and complementary to any dish.
- DPDebbie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/19/23Best mayo
I love this mayonnaise, so flavourful.
- JCJoseph C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/24/23home cook
I prefer this to most of the US brands, has a nice tang to it. I watch a lot of you-tube videos about Japanese cooking and this is the brand I see chefs use.
- KWKathy W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/25/23Very tasty
I’m not a huge fan of mayo, but this stuff is good. I get why I see it on everything in every Japanese food video I watch! :) I think it kind of tastes like deviled eggs a little bit. A definite must try.