Have you ever heard of a noodle dish called sara udon? With this product, you can recreate its crispy noodles and thick soup at home.
Sara udon is one of the Japanese noodle dishes that is unique to Nagasaki. Despite its name, its noodles are thinner than normal udon and are fried in advance. Noodles are then served with a thick soup with various ingredients including meat, fish, and vegetables. This instant sara udon from Marutai has a rich flavor of seafood.
What makes sara udon different from other kinds of noodles is that you do not have to cook the noodles: simply place them on a bowl, make the soup, and then coat the noodles with it.
For a single serving of sara udon, add 180ml of water and the attached soup mix into a bowl and mix them well to create a sauce.
Meanwhile, stir-fry the ingredients until they are well-cooked. Typical ingredients for sara udon include sliced pork belly, squid, fish cake, shrimp, shucked shellfish, shiitake mushroom, cabbage, onion, carrot, bean sprout, and green onion; however, it is acceptable to add or remove these toppings according to your preference.
Then add the soup to the pan, and cook the mixture on a medium heat while stirring it well until the soup thickens.
Place a block of noodles on the dish (you could also perform this step before preparing the soup), lightly unravel them, and pour the soup on them. Eat the sara udon while it is hot.
- Contents: Pack of 3 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 140g (noodles 100g)
- Main ingredients: Fried noodles (flour, vegetable oil, salt), soup (starch, sugar, salt, pork extract, dehydrated sauce, spices, seafood extract, protein hydrolyzate, dehydrated soy sauce, chicken extract, yeast extract)
- Nutrition facts (per serving=70g): Energy 318kcal (noodles 258kcal / soup 60kcal), protein 5.8g, fat 12.4g, carbohydrate 45.9g, sodium 4.2g (noodles 0.4g / soup 3.8g)
- Potential allergens: Wheat, milk, shrimp, sesame, soybean, chicken, pork, gelatin, seafood
- Note: Package design may be subject to change without notice.
- Made in Japan