Based in the Fushimi district of Kyoto, traditional Japanese sake from Tsuki no Katsura - one of the oldest sake breweries in Kyoto, is something that fans of Japanese sake must experience. Tsuki no Katsura has used the same traditional methods of sake-making for 14 generations and counting to provide genuine and authentic Japanese sake.
Furthermore, Tsuki no Katsura specializes in crafting sake varieties only made with rice, water, and koji (rice malt). Also, sake that are made without distilled alcohol are more likely to have a stronger rice umami than those containing distilled alcohol. This is due to the fact that there are less ingredients in sake that are made without distilled alcohol.
Tsuki no Katsura has been producing a variety of high quality and tasty sake for the entire time they have been in operation. However, the type of sake they are most world renowned for is known as junmai ginjo sake.
Junmai ginjo sake refers to sake that is made with rice that has had 40% or more of its outer hull removed, leaving behind only the starchy, inner part. Therefore, junmai ginjo grade sake means that the sake is made purely with rice that has 60% or less of its interior, starchy part remaining, koji, and water. It is said that the more polished the rice, the cleaner the sake will taste. The junmai ginjo variety of sake seems to be popular abroad because of its clear and polished taste.
- Made from high quality sake rice (yes, there are varieties of rice that are produced solely for making sake)
- This Japanese junmai ginjo sake has a fruity yet slightly tart aroma reminiscent of lemon, pineapple, and orange.
- Fine balance between being medium bodied and having a crisp finish, so it pairs nicely with many Japanese dishes.
- It also pairs excellently with desserts that have a mild sweetness, such as dark chocolate.
- You can enjoy this Japanese sake either warm or chilled.
- Net contents: 720ml
- Ingredients: Yamada Nishiki rice, Yumenishiki rice
- Sake type: Junmai ginjo
- Rice-polishing ratio: 50%
- Sweetness level: Medium dry
- Flavor profile: Medium
- ABV: 17%
- Made in Japan