These dried katakushi iwashi (anchovy) have been only seasoned with salt without using any additives or preservatives. Each piece of anchovy has a soft and crunchy feel when you bite it.
What makes this Japanese dried fish snack so wonderful is that it is rich in calcium, DHA, and EPA, so you can consume it as an edible dietary supplement to supplement any shortage of these nutrients.
You can eat this additive free fish snack as is; however, if you feel it is tough to bite, wet it with hot water so that its flesh gets softer.
You can create an original finger food that goes perfectly with alcoholic drinks by stir-frying it with tree nuts, sesame seeds, sugar, and mirin sweet sake.
- Net contents: 30g
- Ingredients: Japanese anchovy (from Seto Inland Sea), salt
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 293kcal, protein 64.4g, fat 3.8g, carbohydrate 0.3g, sodium 5.1g, calcium 2662mg
- Potential allergens: None
- Made in Japan
- COCharlotte O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/10/23Dried Fish
Wonderful, my favourite dried fish which I enjoyed in Japan so much. Shipping makes it a bit expensive. So can't order too often.
- RBROSE B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars10/11/22Not that good
There’s a little bitterness on the fish head part.